POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov-ray for Max? : Re: Pov-ray for Max? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-ray for Max?
From: Jobbert van Strien
Date: 15 Apr 1999 04:44:47
Message: <37159930.5A228786@wxs.nl>
Thanks for the information. I'm not a programmer and have no idea how these
programs work code-like. As you say there are plugins like Raymax, which comes
with a render engine of its own. That's why I thought that it might be possible
to create a plugin render engine from POV-Ray. By the way, I did try Raymax, but
it just isn't that good and fast as POV ray. And about Radioray: The radiosity
calculation is not fast, only if you lower the quality to a very doubtful value
it can compete with POV, but the images look shitty. I've heard that in Max3 the
renderer is completely redesigned, and now it should be easier for 3rd party
plugin developers to create plugin renderers that support things like caustics,
reflection, refraction, radiosity? So I'll wait for that then. Thanks anyway.
Jobbert